Who does not like PASTA ? A defined delicacy for any kiddo or adults alike. This post is dedicated to ma chulgulu nephew who absolutely loves his mum's version made exclusively for him.
The convenience of the variety of availability in the types and shapes plus the countless ways of preparing it from a simple version to a prolonged delicately made one. Moreover, experimentations with the base sauce makes it a joy to churn out signature pastas for your loved ones. And of course, It can be savoured by both vegetarians and non-vegs, making it a universally devoured dish.
I don't have a specific preference to the type of pasta, yet the Farfalle (above) and Fu'zilli versions are what invariably end up in my shopping trolley! Today, it's the Fu'zilli or Fussili type, here's a tad bit of info from Wikipedia:
Fusilli [fuˈzilli] are a variety of pasta that are formed into corkscrew or helical shapes. The word fusilli presumably comes from fuso ("spindle"), as traditionally it is "spun" by pressing and rolling a small rod over the thin strips of pasta to wind them around it in a corkscrew shape.
What you will need:
1. Fusilli (or your choice of macaroni)
2. Boneless chicken (or other meat of your choice or prawns) chunks
3. Veggies (of your choice) my preference:
a. Shimla mirch (I pick up the consolidated mix of green, orange, yellow and red) or Capsicum
b. French beans
c. Broccoli (the kids luv them)
5. Barbeque sauce (UNION – locally made brand or HEINZ)
6. Soy sauce
8. Garlic (finely chopped)
9. Juice of half lemon
10. Apple vinegar
11. Pepper powder
12. Oil (Tad bit of Frying oil + Extra-Virgin Olive oil)
Here's Ma Version of Fu'zilli Pasta:
· Marinate chicken chunks with salt, pepper, wee bit of ginger-garlic paste, lime juice and keep aside.
· Heat water with salt and a bit of oil into a large pot.
· In the meanwhile, wash and Julián chop veggies.
· To the marinated chicken, add a wee bit of little Extra Virgin Olive oil and cook on slow flame.
· Add your macaroni once the water comes to a boil, pour into a strainer once done and keep aside.
· Tamper with the tomatoes to prepare your sauce. There are various ready to add sauces available in the market or click here for Ma’s Homemade sauce :)
· In a pan, add oil as required and once heated up, saute chopped garlic for a minute and half.
· Add your veggies one by one.
· Saute for a couple of minutes and let them cook under a covered lid for about 10 – 11 minutes.
· Add a tad bit of barbecue sauce, apple vinegar, salt and pepper as per taste.
· Remove the chicken chunks once done and shred.
· Now, add the pasta sauce, shredded chicken to the veggies.
· Saute for a minute.
· Add Fusilli (or whichever macaroni you’ve started on) and a bottle cap of soy sauce.
· Let them all simmer together, fused with cheese or your choice, under a lid for about 11-16 minutes.
· Garnish with mint or dhania leaves.
· Serve hot.
is self-analytical, meticulous and believes in fate... A deep fascination for history often subjects her to time-travel through the realm of her subconscious mind!!
Check out latest job postings
THE ADVENTURES OF JACK AND JHON
- THE MILOKAFE MISSION
an engrossing E-Read
for your kids
authored by a kid !
Find me on social media